In July 2014, the militia who plunged Rwanda into mourning in 1994 which took the name of DEMOCRATIC FORCES FOR THE LIBERATION OF RWANDA [FDLR] was given a timeframe of six months by the International Conference for the Great Lake Region [ICGLR] and the Southern African Development Community [SADC], and it was always reminded that January 2nd 2015 is the deadline for its disarmament.
Apart from 150 fighters who have been reported to have surrendered on Sunday 28th December 2014 and few fighters who had surrendered in May of the last year, no other surrendering activity was reported till January 2nd 2015.
It is obvious that FDLR militia was given too much time to surrender. But, according to the recent declaration of its Chief Commandant Major General Byiringiro Victor, they are not afraid of the fact that they might be shot after the expiration of the deadline of January 2nd 2015. For the moment, they are still asking for more time to surrender.
FDLR militia group was created in May 2000, for replacing another militia group known as ALIR-Armée de Libération du Rwanda-, after it was dissolved by its former members, Interahamwe militiamen and ex-RDR, who were defeated after perpetrating the genocide against the Tutsi in 1994.
Some of FDLR leaders have been given an asylum by the European Union countries-especially including Ignace Murwanashyaka who was detained for extreme war crimes against humanity for a short period in 2009, and was released after a short time and he is still a refugee in Germany. Many others keep on being free throughout almost all countries making up the European Union.
Within the political framework, the FDLR militia collaborates with political groups such as RNC- Rwanda National Congress-, Alliance pour la renaissance de la Nation, Nation Imbaga y’Inyabutatu- Nyarwanda, the section of PS Imberakuri Party and some of the Leaders of the Democratic Republic of Congo with whom they share the genocide ideology and divisionism principles.
At the end of 2013 and in the middle of 2014, some of the Tanzanian leaders including the President of this country, Jakaya Murisho Kikwete and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Bernard Membe, publicly showed that they support killers of FDLR militia and made advocacy in their favor by requesting negotiations between the Government of the National Unity of Rwandans and FDLR, ignoring than most of FDLR members plunged the country into mourning in 1994. This malicious opinion was dismissed by many Rwandans and many people within the international community who strive for truth, justice and peace culture. But, for the moment, as anyone can notice it, Tanzanian soldiers who comprise the great number of ‘the Special Brigade of the United Nations Forces [FIB] are the first to hinder the activity aimed at defeating completely FDLR militiamen; Furthermore, Tanzanian soldiers members of FIB help FDLR militiamen to be ready to fight; to recruit its new members; to illegally extract and sell mining found in the soil of the Democratic Republic of Congo through many ways and buy military equipment, in collaboration with some soldiers of the Democratic Republic of Congo- FARDC.
An example of the collaboration between FDLR and soldiers of the Democratic Republic of Congo is the one reported between FDLR and Unit 85 of FARDC which takes place in North Kivu. This collaboration is based on the extraction of mining, the exchange of guns, bullets and combatants. The number of FDLR combatants was between six thousand [6,000] and twenty-two thousand [22,000] in the year 2000. Their number of one thousand three hundred and twelve [1,312] was declared by the Justice Minister of DRC, Mwamba Thambwe Alexis, during the night of January 2nd 2015, Which is likely to be false. The truth is that from 1998, some of those combatants ere employed as mercenaries who have been integrated in the Army of the Democratic Republic of Congo by using a procedure which was named ’integration’, and all of them kept the evil plan of invading Rwanda no hindering the security of all countries making up the Great Lakes Region, including DRC. Most of those combatants who became extremist are found both in South and North Kivu Provinces; in Maniema Province and in Katanga in the north of Lubumbashi City. Three  militia groups with small and heavy weapons are found there in great numbers: FOCA-Forces Combattantes Abacunguzi-RUD Urunana [Rally for Unity abd Democracy Urunana] and SOKI.
Since it was created fourteen  years ago up to date, the militia group FDLR made some Rwandans civilians refugees its prisoners and kept them in forests of Congo, together with their families alleging that they would be killed if they return in Rwanda, as this was testified by those who managed to escape this slavery imposed by FDLR and return in Rwanda. The Civil society of DRC and the Government of the National Unity of Rwandans kept on declaring, regularly, that FDLR militia constitutes the hindrance for the whole population of the Great Lakes Region, that it uses children in wars, that it steals crops and livestock of the population, and that it violates severely their rights in many ways, including killing them and raping girls and women, making most of them slaves, making them attract pandemics, making them loose members of their families or attract mental and physical disabilities they will always live with. Example: Only during one night, in Busurungi region, FDLR combatants killed with torture 96 people including 25 children, 23 women, as well as old men who do not constitute any danger for them, raped 60 women, set on fire 702 houses, dispensaries, schools and all churches of that region [you can read this in the report of Human Rights Watch, published in December 2009, on page 96]. As this was definitely confirmed by reports of the international organization Amnesty International, the UN Security Council and Réseaux d’information régionaux intégrés. Horrible massacres and torture, physical and moral, that FDLR keep on causing to civil populations living in countries of the Great Lakes Regions are documented by sources with references in the appendix to this press release.
PROPOSALS OF PSR ADDRESSED TO THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY, THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, THE GOVERNMENT OF THE NATIONAL UNITY OF RWANDANS AND REFUGEES WHICH FDLR MADE ITS PRISONERS.
Pursuant to the resolution 2098 adopted by the UN security Council on 28 March 2013; pursuant to decisions adopted by Heads of States making up ICGLR in their summit that took place in Luanda [Angola] on 14 June 2014, and other decisions related to FDLR made in Victoria Falls [Zimbabwe], the Rwandese Socialist Labour Party /PSR requests the international community, the Democratic Republic f Congo, the Government of Rwanda and refugees who have been made prisoners by FDLR the following:
1. That the Government of DRC implements unconditionally and expeditiously the plan known as ‘Sukola II’, that provides for the demilitarization of FDLR combatants by means of military forces;
2. That some of those combatants of that militia who wish peace for themselves and members of their families submit expeditiously weapons at their disposal to international military forces of MONUSCO, without any condition;
3. That civilian refugees who have been made prisoners by FDLR combatants surrender themselves to the International Military Forces MONUSCO who will help them to come back to Rwanda. The mother country of those refugees who are in the camps of Walungu, Kanyabayonga or in the forests of Kisangani is Rwanda. They will be welcomed by the National Services of the Government of the National Unity and will be rehabilitated afterwards;
4. That all States of the International Community that abide by the rule of Law make decisions of arresting and making appear before the justice combatants of FDLR accused of crimes against humanity;
5. That passports and properties of those terrorists be seized, without forgetting accomplices of those terrorists. The international community should notably arrest and pursue the following political and military personalities:
Byiringiro Victor, Major General;
La Forge Fils Bemeye [nicknames] ;
Murwanashaka Ignace ;
Mudacumura Sylvestre, General ;
Musoni Straton ;
Bigaruka Stanislas [a.k.a. Izabayo Bigaruka].
Other people whose passports and properties may be seized are leaders of the following groups which collaborate with FDLR:
Maï Maï Lafontaine based in Lubero;
Maï Maï Nyatura;
The section of PS Imberakuri Party which behaves as extremist;
Rwanda Democratic Union (RDU-UDR); and other above mentioned people.
6. To forbid the extraction of mining, especially gold, Coltran and tantalum which are extracted by the population that FDLR made its prisoners; As provided for by the law Dodd-Frank since 2010;
7. To forbid the trading of lumbers of charcoal made by FDLR combatants who hinder environment especially in the Volcano park; 92% of charcoal sold on markets of the North Kivu Province belong to FDLR combatants;
8. To pursue within the international justice Rwandan extremists who live in Europe who send their financial contributions to FDLR, which at its turn use them in killing innocent people;
9. The Government of the National Unity of Rwandans should abstain from any kind of negotiations with the administration of murderers of FDLR, accused of very wicked crimes. This the reason why USA and UN ranked FDLR among the first category of terrorist groups in the World;
10. To monitor activities of FDLR in camps of people displaced by the war and those who pretend to be refugees in ways that are not provided for by statutes of the UN High Commission for Refugees.
The RWANDESE Socialist Labour Party/PSR rises awareness of the Rwandan community-wherever it is, be it inside the country or in the diaspora- about being ready to combat, when necessary, the terrorist group of FDLR and its supporters, and eradicate its genocidal ideology, taking into account ‘Ndi Umunyarwanda’ Program, the safeguard of the unity, the security and the community development we have already acquired. But, first of all, we have to struggle for life.
Done at Kigali, on January 8th, 2015.
On behalf of PSR Party,
Hon. Jean-Baptiste Rucibigango,
President of the Party.